Aloo methi is a famous North Indian recipe where potato is cooked with methi leaves & aromatic spices.
As i have lots of methi growing in my vegetable garden so i called home and got this recipe from my dad. It is really simple and quick stir fry and not to mention super delicious and healthy too.
- Aloo/ Potato :- 2 medium size
- Methi/ Fenugreek leaves:- 2 Cups (roughly chopped)
- Mustard oil:- 2-3 Tbsp
- Jeera/Cumin seeds:- 1 Tsp
- Mustard Seeds:- 1 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder:- 1 Tsp
- Red Chilli Powder:- 1 Tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Garam Masala Powder:- 1 Tsp
- Coriander powder:- 1 Tsp
1) In a shallow pan or kadahi, heat oil over medium heat.
2) Add cumin and mustard seeds. When it crackles, add turmeric, red chiili, salt & garam masala.
3) Immediately add potatoes & Methi . Cook on medium to low heat covered for 10 minutes, till poatoes get soft & methi leaves wilt.
4)Add coriander powder, mix everything well and take it off from the gas.
Serve hot with chapati/roti/Indian bread.