Paneer is one of my favorite cheese and i love to have it in any form & PANEER BUTTER MASALA is a rich paneer dish made with cream & cashews along with other wonderful ingredeints to make a thick and creamy sauce. This is perfect if you are having a dinner or party.
I tried so many recipes but never got the results as i wanted but when i saw this recipe i knew this is it and i tried it immediately and this is by far the best paneer butter masala recipe i have tried..If you love this dish too then i encourage you to try this recipe as i know you will not be disappointed with the results, it does take some prep work but trust me its all worth it in the end..
PANEER BUTTER MASALA
Paneer:- 1 packet (that you get in grocery store or you can prepare it at home too)
Onion:- 1 1/2 medium size ( Blanched & pureed ) (SEE NOTES )
Tomato puree:- 3 tbsp
Ginger - Garlic paste - 3/4 tsp
Cashewnut paste - 2tbsp
Chilli Powder:- 1 tsp ( or as per taste)
Coriander Powder:- 1tsp
Turmeric powder:- 3/4 tsp
Garam Masala:- 1/4tsp
Salt as per taste
Fresh Cream - 1 cup
Butter - 2tbsp
Initial Preparation:- Initial preparation is a little time consuming.But after this its really very simple and easy to make..
1) If you are using the paneer loaf, then cut them into cubes and fry them in oil or ghee till they turn light brown in colour.Then soak these paneer cubes in hot water for about 1/2 an hour so as to make them soft. If you are using the fried that we get in indian grocery stores then u can directly place them in hot water and allow it to stay for half an hour to make it soft.
2) Soak about 1 1/2 tbsp of cashewnuts in water for about 2 hrs and grind them to a paste. This paste makes the gravy rich in taste.
3) Blanch the onion cut into pieces for about 15mts. If you are using microwave for blanching then keeep the onions for about 10mts on high. And puree them.
1) Heat butter in a kadai and add the onion puree and saute till they turn light brown in color.(This is also known as brown paste)
2) Add ginger-garlic paste to the brown paste mixture and saute for sometime.
3) Then add the Kashmirichillipowder,coriander powder, cashewpaste, tomato puree, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt and saute for sometime.
4) Add the soaked paneer cubes, little water and allow it to cook till the gravy becomes semi-solid.
5) Finally garnish it with freshcream.
Serve It with Chapati, Paratha, Poori Or Naan
1) To Blanch Onions:- Peel the skin of onions then make a cross sign with knife on root side (do not cut all the way) Bring water to a boil on high heat then slowly drop the onions let it cook for about 4-5 minutes then remove and put it directly in a ice cold water to stop the cooking process ,now grind the onion to a fine paste in a food processor and use it as per recipe.
Posted by Preety at 10:18 AM